Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Photos - Black and White

05 AUG 17 Happy Saturday to all! Here are a quintet of pictures from a recent trip up North. Taken during the summer, these images from a backyard capture views normally hidden under snow or waiting for a warmer clime. A bunch of ancient vehicles and a flower. More photos can be found over at DeviantArt, just search for Montellano or click on the link below: 

My artwork on DeviantArt

Here is a tail light from an old old car. So simple when compared to today's vehicles! I like the roundness of the bulb, so precious and delicate, still protected by the circular metal ring held in place by one screw.


Some things just looks better in black and white.




I have no idea why there are two gas pumps in the backyard, but it reminded me
of old times with my dad at a gas station when I was a kid.

 The focus is on the steering wheel. Its crispness draws you into the picture, contrasted with the mess of blurry tangles and springs in the foreground. If I get some more time to play with the original, I may leave the vibrant green of the trees behind the windshield to draw the eye even more to the right.



This poor car has most of the front end off at an angle!

To finish off this set, a burst of subtle color. One of the many scintillating flowers growing among the old cars. A bright pop of light purple.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, wherever in the world you are. 

Writing: I hope to do some more writing today as well. The story about the Ice Pirates has been read by two wonderful people, and I have incorporated feedback from one of them, going to look at the other's comments and hopefully throw a final edit on it tomorrow and call it done. It will probably top out just at 10K. There was a recent call for stories with pirates and or thieves in them that I could have submitted the story to (Thanks Dave for finding that!), but it turned out I had to be an Aussie to submit (I've been there, does that count?) and the story length was capped at 5K. So no luck! Will keep looking though.



No comments:

Post a Comment