Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Working Environment

21DEC17

All writers write differently. To give a peek behind the scenes at Chez Montellano, today I am sharing a screenshot of what my computer screen looks like as I write. Inspired by seeing another writer's screen (Michael Baker), the picture shows one of my works in progress. 

It's early in the morning, well not now. It's after eight in the morning, but I did start before sunup, been writing for more than two hours already. I have no regular work to go to today, so I am in the den, writing away on Scrivener. It's a good writing program. I don't always use it though. Most of my stories are written in Word, some in Google Docs and even fewer are written as scraps on my phone. Although I usually have my earbuds in, today I am sharing my musical selection with our shelter cat, who is next to my knee, curled up with her face tucked up under one of her hind legs. A thick fog is outside the window, also unusual. The story on the screen is one of my longer pieces, as you can tell from the chapter headings on the side. I moved it over to Scrivener from Word to take advantage of the storyboard and character functions in scrivener, this being a long story and all, don't want stuff to get lost or contradict myself.

Well, time to get back to it! Enjoy and feel free to share how you write!



No comments:

Post a Comment