Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Black Char

05 JUNE 2018

Yesterday was a very productive day! I released my second short story out into the wild. Black Char & the Crystal Caves is available! The working title was It's a Trap. I decided to change the main title and keep It's a Trap as the subtitle. My thinking was that It's a Trap sounds too Star Wars-y and I might use Black Char in other stories, so let's go ahead and make him the star of the show. He is the protagonist after all.

What are you waiting for? Go get it! It's free if you have Kindle unlimited, less than a buck if you want the ebook version and only 3.99 for a printed copy, which will make my mother happy. 

Links to the versions:

eBook version
Paperback version

My mother wants to hold the book in her hands, though in this case I'm not sure how rewarding that will be since the book is only 38 pages or so. 

This is my first foray into actually designing a physical book. If you buy the paperback let me know what it looks like! Thirty-eight pages long. lol. I thought about adding in other short stories I've done, but I think the next time I make a physical book will be the short story collection, so that will be long enough. Thirteen stories planned for that. It's sitting at a good book length already.

For those interested, I'm going to share a few lessons learned from designing the paperback soon in another post.

Time for a picture and a Dad joke. Joke first:

Q: If you're American when you go into the bathroom, and you're American when you come out of the bathroom, then what are you in the bathroom?

A: European!


My youngest son groaned at that one. :)

And the picture for today: The Seer by Michael Bohbot. Nothing to do with Black Char & the Crystal Caves [go get it!], though it would work as semi-inspiration for one of the women in the story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment