Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Drams of Dreams

The things you dream about…

I dreamt that the vital organs are located where they are (above the stomach) so that as food and water wiggle their way down the esophagus the vital organs get first dibs. Small bits of no-need-to-digest nutrients and water are sidelined and sent to the heart and lungs before heading down to the stomach. Darn science teacher in me was like that doesn’t happen. And the other science teacher in me is thinking, you should look it up, you never know, it might be true, some little connecting esophageal tubes may lead to and feed the organs above the stomach. It could happen. Maybe no one has discovered this yet.

I also went to a conference in my dreams, a meeting of the military minded. New and old tech were being rolled out for display and performance reviews. A newer more streamlined version of the F-14, with a bottom fin below the nose and a beefier version of the A-6 were rolled out of the hangar as well. I was there with my camera. I was excited, remembering the days of sea voyages and launches.


I know where some of my dreams come from, the military conference was influenced by seeing the old helicopters during the inaugural parade. As far as the food and vital organs…not sure about that one! I don’t think either dream sequence will enter into my writing, but it is interesting nonetheless. A good number of my dreams end up evolving into stories. So who knows.

Picture today? A-6 all the way all day and all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment