Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Teaching & Lessons to be Learned

29JAN17 Another quiet Sunday morning. Started with a scan of what is going on in the FB universe, and came across one of my former students posting a link to these two pictures


                           



Very happy that my student is expressing herself using photos and political cartoons! I plan on using both pictures in class this week as we finish our chapter on Huey Long and the Great Depression in Louisiana. I hope both pictures will spark some deep discussion on what has happened in the past (one of our vocabulary words this week is KKK) and what lessons can be learned for the present day and future.

As far as writing goes, I hit 73 thousand words for my main saga. I think it will end up hitting 100K by the end of the first draft. As usual, I have a lot of stuff going on, and am solving problems as I go back through it. Problem I fixed last night was that I had merged two characters previously, but never went through the whole manuscript and changed everything needing changing for that to happen. I smoothed that up a bit as well as adding more description here and there, especially for one scene. Not sure how long it will take me to complete this saga, maybe never! It is now composed of three books, but there are a lot of things that I still need to put in there, as well as hefty timeline issues I need to fix. Who knows. It is something I love to do, so at least I have that going for me, lol.

No additional pics for this post. The two above speak volumes. Have a great day.






No comments:

Post a Comment