Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Art

14 MAY 17
As it winds closer to the end of another school year, I'm looking forward to writing some more. The lazy days of Summer mean swimming and writing and enjoying family. And if I can find time for writing, then the next thing to do is art. I love to doodle or sketch stuff but I never seem to find the time. My mom has sketches galore saved from when I was a kid. 

The easiest type of art for me is photography. I love capturing images. Anything drawn by hand seems to take forever for me and I want to do it on the computer so I can change it any way I want. 

Anyways, enough of that, here is some art for today gathered from various places along with some thoughts by me. None of this artwork is mine unless it is so marked. Enjoy, and any comments are welcome. 



I love pictures of fancy and fantasy, they make my heart smile. This picture of a happy wolf/dog/plant thing is awesome. Makes me think of warm spring days encouraging the plants to grow.




I also like dark artwork, both in actual darkness and in subject matter. A lovely young lady walking hand in hand with Death makes me wonder what she did to deserve such treatment or is that what awaits each one of us, a long, slow walk with Death into the sunset? Black and whites and water-washed colours both spark my interest when done well. The watercolour to the right makes me think of the soliloquy in MacBeth.
"Let me see. (takes the skull) Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. —Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now to mock your own grinning? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady’s chamber and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favor she must come. Make her laugh at that.—Prithee, Horatio, tell me one thing."




This one is mine, playing around with my camera, a small ceramic skull and lighting.  :) I love Dia De Los Muertos. I used this for a Halloween announcement one year. The light in the eyes and nose are from the lamp I placed it on.


Art tied to stories are my favorite pieces. The picture above was inspired by Michael Moorcock's Elric series. The main character is an albino.

I will publish one day a collection of my short stories accompanied by artwork inspired by the stories. Pen and paper sketches most likely. 

One of the easiest ways for me to get out of writer's block is to take a picture and just run with whatever it brings to mind. These last two pictures, of the sad robot and the little girl at the base of a tree lead me to many wonderful places! I can't imagine what the robot would be sad about, but then I look closer and see a hole where a human's heart would be. Is there something precious that is there for a robot? 
And this little lady at the base of that magnificent tree. What lies beyond the waters? Are those moons seen through the branches or some sort of immense glowing fruit in the tree above her? What is she leaving behind? All sorts of wonderful questions to answer through writing! 









Today is Mother's Day, and I can't go without saying Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Hm, I haven't written any stories inspired by mothers, although my story Legacy featured a very prominent mother. Well, Happy Mother's Day!! Hope your sons and daughters treat you well!  





No comments:

Post a Comment