Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Saturday, May 5, 2018

May. Finally!

05MAY18

Happy Cinco de Mayo and a late May the Fourth be With You!

Seems like we are witnessing the slow birth of a new holiday. But it's right up against Cinco de Mayo. Will the Star Wars holiday overshadow the very popular but 'sort of Mexican' holiday? Who knows. I would think so. Star Wars is global. Cinco de Mayo is not even that popular in Mexico, which actually has a real Independence Day in September. The Fourth is only based on movies though, so who knows. 

It's May! Which means I'm getting ready for the summer break. My regular job is coming to an end for a couple of months, during which time I'll have oodles of hours to write and edit. I have a few stories that I've been editing away on, looking forward to building up the number of stories out there for sale, leading up to a short story collection in a couple of years. For the next short story release, I'm searching for an artist with a different look than my last cover. I really like the way woodcuts look, so hopefully I'll be able to pair up with a great artist. If not, then I might make the cover or ask my wonderful wife to. In any case, by the end of summer, I will have two more stories out there. 

Picture for today: A sample of the woodcut type of art that I am targeting for my next short story release. Ursula Le Guin, one of my favorite artists, used woodcuts for her chapter openings for a print of her Earthsea series. The short story I'm working on has some similarities to the Tombs of Atuan. Though I must say upfront that her story is way much more better than my little piece. I have a ways to go before I reach her level of writing, but that won't stop me from trying! 


No comments:

Post a Comment