Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Friday, November 2, 2018

Dia De Los Muertos and Vague-booking

02 NOV 2018

It's today! Dia de los Muertos! I love this part of my culture. Ofrendas, remembering the dead. All of it. It's great. 

National Geographic has a great article about the Day of the Dead:
Top Ten Things to Know about The Day of Dead. Gives you all the basics. 

I try and spend a few moments to remember my Dada (not a misspelling. I called my grandparents on my father's side Nana and Dada) and other relatives on my Dad's side, including my Uncle Joey. On my mother's side this year I remember my grandmother. What's odd though is I usually focus on male family members, not so much the female members.  

In other news, I don't like to vague-book, but I am really excited about an upcoming partnership opportunity. I hope it turns into something wonderful. Thanks mom! She's the one who made the initial connection. That's all the news for now, but once something solid happens I'll be sure to share the news! 



Picture for today is Catrina, the original calavera that started it all, part of the Classic Skeleton Art of José Guadalupe Posada.



No comments:

Post a Comment