Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Spooky Good Camo!

17 APR 18

I was out working on the tree in the front yard and something moved by my hand. Turned out to be a tiny spider, so well hidden I had a hard time finding him again. As luck would have it, when I came back out later with my camera, he was still in the same area. But I had a heck of a time finding him through the lens. Ended up getting one good shot of him:

Tree Spider

He's over on the right side of the picture, if you have trouble finding him. This pic is also over on my DeviantArt webpage. 

And that, my friends, is the picture for the post. 

The spider made me think of magical and non-magical camouflage. And magical camouflage to disguise magical stuff as plain and mundane. It's almost uncanny how well the spider blends in. Would 'natural' creatures living in a magical world have magical camouflage or just really good natural camouflage? And if they had good natural camouflage, would they be at a disadvantage to magical creatures? Would evolution lead them to develop magical camouflage in order to compete? Who knows. Much to think about. 

A joke for today as well: Why shouldn't you make jokes about unemployed people? They just don't work, that's why! lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment