Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Cover of The Killing Parts

09 JUN 2019

Now that some time has passed, I can share the sad news. Well not deeply sad, just an opportunity that did not pan out. We (Cheryl and I) had a few of our writings looked at for possible use by Scott Free Productions. Fantastic, uh? A major studio! It was a great opportunity brought into being by my awesome mother, who happens to talk to the brilliant and wonderfully creative Ridley Scott every once in a while. Yeah, crazy, uh? Truly a who-you-know sort of thing. Anyways, we talked with some of his people over at Scott Free productions, (all were super nice people by the way and impressive credentials in their own right) submitted some materials for their consideration, and then heard several months later that they were not interested. A defeat to be sure, but as part of the submission process I reworked two of my previously published pieces. I ran The Killing Parts through several editors (thanks in particular to my wife, Dave Owens, and Tomeka LaShay Manson) and it is being re-released in an expanded form for sale. I don't remember what the other story I submitted was, probably The Legacy, but I am happy with how The Killing Parts turned out. 

As part of my low-key, low-budget advertising campaign, here is the cover for my soon to be released story, The Killing Parts! Look for it on Amazon within the next few days.


Picture is detail from a church in Ghent, Belgium. 


No comments:

Post a Comment