Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Friday, October 14, 2016

Edits

14 OCT 16: So many things run through my brain each day! One thing today would be using the word 'that' in writing. The last four stories that I sent in all had too many thats! 95% of the edits were removal of that overly used word. OMG! I didn't think I used it that much! Of course, just writing this post I see how easy it is to throw in unneeded words.

The bright side of course, the good news, is that the other 5% of the edits were minor issues, missing words, stuff like that. If you have some experience with people editing your writing, what issues were found in your words?

Picture for today: This picture makes me think of editing my own work. It may seem as if you are reading carefully, but really your eyes are covered, you are blinded because these are your own words, you know them and you aren't actually reading what you wrote, more like glossing over them, revisiting them in other words, not reading them critically. It always helps to have another set of eyes before they're printed.


No comments:

Post a Comment