Random Quote

(Loading...)

Powered by Ink of Life

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Winter

16 OCT 16

Sunday Sunday Sunday!  The Saints won today, which is always good. I also did some writing today, some decorating for Halloween coming up and now it's time to grade some papers. The writing I did was for the Winter anthology coming up from Wolfsinger Publications. It's a cool piece full of ancient witches, death most foul and magic set in a frozen landscape. Wrote about 700 words towards a goal just under 7,000, so about a tenth of the whole piece. I fleshed out some of what the witches are like, what power they have and will use in the story, sort of Baba Yaga-ish a little bit. I also worked on the setting of the piece, talking about the twilight around them and the Northern Lights. It definitely feels like a winter story.  

The picture below, although not tied to the story, is a good indicator for the feel I am going for. Have a great Sunday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment